After coming back from fishing one morning I was annoyed when trying to find room in the corner of my garage for my rods, or trying to make room to cram them on a shelf. I happened to have some 2×4′s, a saw, drill and screws so rather than going out to spend money at a store to fix my problem, I used what I had and in not very long I had exactly what I needed for all my fishing rods and ice auger! This simple fishing rod rack & organizer can be made however wide or short needed to fit all your fishing rods and ice auger too. Check it out …
- 3 2×4′s (length equal to how wide you would like to built the unit)
- Drill (with 1 1/2″ wood bit & screw driver attachments)
- 3″ Wood Screws
- Wood Stain / Varnish
- PPE (Safety Glasses, Work Gloves, Hearing Protection, Etc.)
Instructions (for a 30″ wide unit):
1) Cut 3 2x4s at 30 inches …….
2) Mark out and drill 10 1.5 inch holes evenly apart in 2 of the 2x4s …….
3) Sand it all and stain it ……..
4) Put two 3 inch screws in the top and bottom with the 3rd 2×4 in the middle as show in the picture below …….
5) That’s it you’re done …….
That’s it … now go ahead and load up the rod rack with your fishing poles and ice auger and say good bye to rod clutter frustration forever!
*** Don’t have the time, space, tools or desire to build one of these yourself but could really use one? No problem! To purchase a pre made, ready to install fishing rod rack organizer for only $20.00 contact me anytime!
Incoming Search Terms:
- diy fishing rod rack
- diy fishing rod holder
- how to build a fishing rod rack
- how to make a fishing rod rack
- diy rod rack
- how to make a fishing rod holder for garage
- diy fishing rod storage
- diy rod holder
- how to build a wooden fishing pole rack
- homemade fishing rod rack