Wild Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
* Just in time for Valentines day, introducing Susan’s “Wild” (in this case moose but deer or elk would work well too 😉 ) Italian Wedding Soup recipe! A perfect treat for those chilly winter days when soup is on the menu! Thanks (again) Susan!!! 😀
Wild Italian Wedding Soup | Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper – freshly ground
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 whole egg
- Olive oil
- 300 grams pastina (I used #21 pepe bucato but any small ball shaped pasta will do)
- 11 oz fresh chopped spinach – I like organic baby spinach
- Chicken broth (either 2 bouillon cubes and water or liquid broth equaling 4 C of liquid – as always MSG free and organic is the best)
- 4 C water, add more while cooking if broth becomes too thick
- 2 beaten eggs
- Parmesan – grated
Wild Italian Wedding Soup | Directions:
Mix together first 5 ingredients and form into small meat balls.
In a deep saucepan heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan. Brown meat balls in saucepan – frying pan can also be used, it just makes for more clean up.
When meat balls are browned add all ingredients except the 2 beaten eggs.
Let everything simmer over medium to low heat until meat balls are cooked through.
Turn heat so soup is at a low boil when uncovered.
Stir in the beaten eggs.
Boil gently for another 5 – 10 minutes.
Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Dish into soup bowls and top with Parmesan Cheese.
That’s it, you’re done! ……. Enjoy!
*… if you like this recipe, or simply have a comment about it, please leave a reply below and let Susan know! 😉
*** got a fish or wild game recipe that you would like to share on flyguys.net? Just email us the details and we’ll post it up for you!
*** for more delicious and organic BC wild fish & game recipes please view the complete list on our recipes index page!