The “Krazy Calabrese”
Corned Venison Sandwich
This is one of my family’s all time favourite simple lunch meals! A quick and easy, yet healthy and nutritious, Italian style deli sandwich made with organic corned venison! This is one of those recipes where less is more … the fewer the ingredients the better … just enough to compliment the flavour of the already delicious corned venison! 😉
Corned Venison Sandwich | Ingredients:
- Calabrese Bread – sliced
- Corned Venison – thinly sliced (our corned venison recipe)
- Provolone Cheese – sliced
- Prepared Mustard
Corned Venison Sandwich | Topping Options:
- Red Onion – sliced into rings
- Black Olives
- Fresh sliced hot peppers
- Pickled Jalapeño – sliced into rings
- Sliced Tomatoes
Corned Venison Sandwich | Directions:
Well I don’t think I need to tell you how to make a sandwich so here’s what mine looked like after it was ready to go (I like mine with red onion, pickles & tomato! 😉 )
Corned Venison Sandwich | More …
- If you like your sandwich toasted, put it in the toaster oven or under broiler to melt cheese before putting on the extras!
- If you prefer, Rye bread also works well for this sandwich.
- And if you’re a “grey poupon” kinda guy (or girl) then you may wish to substitute the prepared mustard with Dijon!
That’s it … bon appetit!
*** got a fish or wild game recipe that you would like to share on flyguys.net? Just email us the details and we’ll post it up for you!
*** for more delicious and organic BC wild fish & game recipes please view the complete list on our recipes index page!