.. get the latest fishing intel on our 2021 Ice Off & Fishing Reports page!

.. MOBYNets, custom flies, vises, e-courses, swag & more ... visit the store!

.. for a solid, stable, made in BC fly fishing punt; check out Journey Boats!

flyguys.net Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports

2020 Fishing Reports post Sponsored by …….

… the one stop shop for all your fishing & outdoor needs!

And with the new year comes the new…….

… Official flyguys.net Northern British Columbia, BC Interior, Kamloops Area Lakes & Rivers Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports post!

As before, please use the comments/reply section at the bottom of this post to share and discuss your 2020 fishing reports, ice off reports, and even (but hopefully not) winter kill reports. Where did you go (not mandatory)? What worked? What didn’t work? General or specific questions about a fly, a technique, or whatever … feel free to ask it here and we’ll try our best to get you an answer! Oh, and a picture is worth a thousand words so please feel free to include one if you can (just include image link in your comment 😉 )!

Stay up to date by utilizing the subscribe options below the comments section to be notified of any followup comments & posts via e-mail … you don’t even have to comment to subscribe & your email will be kept private!

For those that would like to share a little more than just 2020 fishing reports we encourage you to submit your story (along with images/video links/etc) & we’ll throw it up in a stand alone post for ya! 🙂

And continuing from last years debut …….

Historic (& Live for 2020) BC Interior Ice Off Chart

Please post ice off info in the comments below and we will update the 2020 column!

======= ICE OFF CHART COMING SOON! =======

That’s it folks … tight lines & good times to all! 😀

Like our stuff? Subscribe by subscribe via RSS Feed or subscribe via email Email   fly fishing British Columbia

About BCFlyguys

... flyguys chief webhead, when not fishing ;)
This entry was posted in Fishing Reports and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

162 Responses to flyguys.net Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports

1. hacklejockey says:

40 rigs at Jacko today. Many from the LM. WTF!

• Hew-Mongus says:

Take a pill, keep your distance, you’ll be OK bud…

• Joe says:

“Take a pill, keep your distance, you’ll be OK bud..” Well the principal behind the “no non-essential travel” is to keep people from bringing potential infection into areas of the country they have no need to be in. Your response is exactly why a few selfish people are continuing to put people at risk; while the majority are taking responsible steps to ensure they are not. It’s a lot less about the fishing opportunity then the responsibility each one of us has to not put yourself ahead of others. Wake up.

• Hew-Mongus says:

I would suggest everyone look out for themselves, that is the only thing YOU can control. If someone comes up from the LM, Italy or China, to fish in the same lake as i…I’m not worried. I keep my distance, don’t stop between home and the lake, which I suggest everyone does.
          We will never control what others do. Maybe if you wall a lake or blockade a road, perhaps you win that battle. My mere suggestion to all is, keep yourself safe, cause you have no other control.
          Getting riled up about this and finger pointing only affects you. And high blood pressure puts you more at risk to the disease.
          Be kind, be patient, and keep yourself safe. A guy out on the lake isn’t going to affect you, unless you go give him a hug maybe. Cheers !

• Hew-Mongus says:

And the message I keep seeing is STAY HOME, so why is everyone fishing ? Be safe out there…

• BCFlyguys says:

Gunna put a stop to this one right here. There are guidelines, some parts of them are clear, some parts are vague, and interpretations will undoubtedly vary. We currently have opportunities which we certainly don’t want to lose but if the limits are pushed too far (I don’t know what that is) guidelines may turn into rules limiting an already scarce resource. We also need to try to be understanding (not always easy) while we muddle through the details … at the same time following the guidelines that are clear! Lot’s of room for debate but this is and ice off post so we’re going to have to take it elsewhere … :v

• Curt77 says:

DELETED. If you have clarification on rules/new info please feel free to share but we are NOT debating peoples choices/interpretation of vague guidelines.

2. Chris Depper says:

I was 19 days early but okanagan anglers101 just posted gardom is ice free

3. fishingmama says:

I heard a rumour that some fishers were ticketed by police for fishing on Stump Lake. Is this true?

• fog says:

I haven’t heard anything in regards to people getting ticketed at stump lake!

• Benny S says:

Have heard nothing of the sort and have been down a fair bit and know others that have too. Don’t know what they could ticket for if you have an angling license and are doing everything else by the book.

• Hew-Mongus says:

The CO’s have been patrolling, and I heard 1 guy was nabbed for fishing with 3 rods/lines. Don’t know why you would need to do that, hard enough to handle 2 when the bite is on 😉

• fishingmama says:

The rumour I heard was that boaters were called to come to shore and were ticketed because of the campground on the lake. I thought it was odd because if you are not camping at the campground and are just day fishing then there should not be an issue

• shed-hunter1 says:

your not allowed in a rec site period that includes the boat launch pretty simple if its a campground stay out

• steve22 says:

better tell that to the guy who is camped at Stump

• Troutbum49 says:

According to the offical BC website for Recreational Sites and Trails, there is no boat launch at the Stump Lake rec site. In fact, if my memory serves me well, the launch is accessed from the main road. In any event, coming up from the LM see ya out there this weekend. Tight lines!

• steve22 says:

was there on Monday, he said he’s been there since Thursday

4. Chaluga says:

I think by Sunday most lakes under 4000 ft will be ice free.

5. shed-hunter1 says:

Sweet I’m gone to go camp at red then

6. fog says:

Coming in from the lower mainland as soon as my little side project is done at home! Apparently the rule doesn’t apply to the lower mainland fishermen to stay at home! What about the folks from the interior? As long as
    Everyone stays 6 ft away from my rod I’m good! Christy Mack need not apply!

7. Dave says:

Any body know if dragon lake is clear of ice yet . Thanx .

8. Dave says:

This site is like jerry Springer fishing .lol

9. BCFlyguys says:

On an ice off/fishing related note … word is Tunkwa is ice off as of today. Can anyone confirm before we mark it as official?

10. Eric says:

So I take it once Roche Lake is ice free, it will be inaccessible due to the boat launch being in a camping area?

11. Johnv22 says:

Kidd, Courtney, and Corbett all have ice off

12. Hew-Mongus says:

So not a debate topic, just some information first hand. I personally just got back from 3 days fishing at an un-named lake. It was accessed by aBC Forestry rec site, where aprox 40 boats used daily. People used the boat launch, and parked. 1 group were camped, and fined/removed. There were locals, and people from LM (4 hrs away aprox). The CO was not in the area during my days, but the weekend prior. Had no issues other than the camping, and illegal fishing activities, if there were any.
    My opinion, if you go fishing, be smart about what you’re doing, keep your distance and enjoy your day !
    By the way, to add to the fishing report, I caught lots of fish, and 1 that was 8 lbs. I know of another that was 12 lbs ! Static bag with red wrap was the ticket…stay safe.

• BCFlyguys says:

I had also heard form someone that was there that the COs were not concerned that the launches inside the rec sites were being used as long as the facilities were not being used. Thanks for the report … sounds like you did very well! Got any pics of that 8 pound slab?

13. BCFlyguys says:

Edith ice free as of yesterday … thanks Mike! 🙂

14. Gab says:

BC Govt web site says “Fish and hunt locally”. I couldn’t find clarification on the word local? How many km’s away is considered local? I assume CO’s would check your address on your drivers/fishing license?

I will contact Front Counter tomorrow, but wondering if anyone knows?

I am looking here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

15. Mike says:

Was on my way to work and stopped in Kane valley for a bit, chicken ranch and upper second lakes were both pretty open. Upper second was more open so I fished that for a bit along with a couple other boats and didn’t go up the road any further. No bites, forgot to get a picture of second lake but here’s chicken ranch.

Page 3 of 6«12345»...Last »