.. get the latest fishing intel on our 2020 Ice Off & Fishing Reports page!

.. MOBYNets, custom flies, vises, e-courses, swag & more ... visit the store!

.. for a solid, stable, made in BC fly fishing punt; check out Journey Boats!

flyguys.net Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports

2020 Fishing Reports post Sponsored by …….

… the one stop shop for all your fishing & outdoor needs!

And with the new year comes the new…….

… Official flyguys.net Northern British Columbia, BC Interior, Kamloops Area Lakes & Rivers Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports post!

As before, please use the comments/reply section at the bottom of this post to share and discuss your 2020 fishing reports, ice off reports, and even (but hopefully not) winter kill reports. Where did you go (not mandatory)? What worked? What didn’t work? General or specific questions about a fly, a technique, or whatever … feel free to ask it here and we’ll try our best to get you an answer! Oh, and a picture is worth a thousand words so please feel free to include one if you can (just include image link in your comment πŸ˜‰ )!

Stay up to date by utilizing the subscribe options below the comments section to be notified of any followup comments & posts via e-mail … you don’t even have to comment to subscribe & your email will be kept private!

For those that would like to share a little more than just 2020 fishing reports we encourage you to submit your story (along with images/video links/etc) & we’ll throw it up in a stand alone post for ya! πŸ™‚

And continuing from last years debut …….

Historic (& Live for 2020) BC Interior Ice Off Chart

Please post ice off info in the comments below and we will update the 2020 column!

That’s it folks … tight lines & good times to all! πŸ˜€

Like our stuff? Subscribe by subscribe via RSS Feed or subscribe via email Email   fly fishing British Columbia

BCFlyguys

About BCFlyguys

... flyguys chief webhead, when not fishing ;)
This entry was posted in Fishing Reports and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

149 Responses to flyguys.net Ice Off 2020 Fishing Reports

1. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Barnes Sunday (thanks Jamie) …

2. eric says:

Hey, does anyone know if the new BC parks closure includes Six Mile/Morgan lakes?

3. hacklejockey says:

Morgan and 6 Mile are open and very crowded. They are on private range land and there is no over night camping and no open fires allowed.

4. Hew-Mongus says:

Here’s the link to all the closures in BC…

5. Chaluga says:

So most of our lakes rec sites are closed to hundreds of lakes in bc until May 31st. I guess the fish will get bigger.

6. hacklejockey says:

Unfortunately, there are still some idiots who think that rules don’t apply to them, specifically the guys in the camper from Surrey at Six Mile and those who will join them there and at Morgan Lake. In past years, they have started grass fires and left tons of garbage. It it happens again, the rancher will close the lakes to all access.

7. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Sawmill yesterday (thanks Kyle)! πŸ˜€

• Chaluga says:

Kyle,
      I’m thinking of getting that Marlon boat . Are u happy with it ? Is that the 12 foot model ?

• cliffy says:

Chaluga,
        If you’re looking for a jon boat, have a look at Journey boats. Built to order in Kamloops. I have the 9’6” but they make a longer one.(12′????) Very nice product. Lots of room. Three benches.
        I”m using a Mercury 5hp propane motor. Really impressed. Yes, propane. No smell. Way less maintenance. I like to row a lot, so this will easily get me to point B, then I can anchor or row as needed. Same power as gas with less noise and pollution. Saw a fishing show from an Ontario lodge and they were using them.
        Now I wish I could go fishing….more.
        Tight lines.

• BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Journey 9’6″ and 11’6″ … won’t find a better platform for what we do … and yes made right here in beautiful BC Canada … πŸ™‚

• Chaluga says:

Thanks for the input for boats guys
        What’s the cost of the bare bones models ?
        Only problem for me I see is I like to troll sometimes and the back spot has no room for you to sit perpendicular with your foot on the ground.

• cliffy says:

Chaluga. I believe they are around $1800. I got lots of add ons and am still looking for the receipt after moving. Give them a call. Nice bunch.
          As far as the seating, get a seat mount. It slides and rotates so it should be fine for trolling. I got two seats that I can mount on all three benches which is great depending whether I’m rowing or trolling or out by myself.
          On a more important note, anyone catching fish? Not surprised the forum is quiet. Stump open? Is it any good at iceoff?
          Be safe all.

• Troutbum49 says:

Also check out Spratley Boats, the best IMO. https://www.spratleyboats.com/

8. Jet says:

Monte ice free tried to send pic but I’m stumped.

EDIT: Heres’ one … πŸ™‚

9. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Jacko today (thanks Lance)! πŸ™‚

10. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

White Lake yesterday (thanks Timmy!) πŸ™‚

11. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

List of closures πŸ™ (better to know so we can stay in compliance): http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/closures.aspx

And provincial updates with respect to hunting/fishing can be found here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

Specific guidance for angling and hunting activities, including but not limited to (not for debate here just sharing the info):

Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with. | Maintain physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet) from other individuals you come across. | Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with. | Fish and hunt locally. | Wash your hands frequently, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc. | Adhere to all travel advisories and self isolation requirements. | Adhere to all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.) | All Provincial Parks, Conservancies, Recreation Areas, Ecological Reserves and many recreation sites are closed. | Camping and motorized recreation (including the use of off-road vehicles) is now restricted in the Koocanusa Recreation Strategy Area. | If you are not confident you can meet all of these conditions, please postpone your trip.

• kalvin-hartley says:

So for the lakes that are closed in the backcountry like Pass Lake, I wonder if we can go fishing there? I understand that the closed lakes are not open for camping but fishing should be ok if we follow the social distancing. Thoughts?

• Adam B Adam B says:

Strictly speaking, no you cannot. The boat launch and parking area at Pass are within the Rec Site so you can’t access them or park there. If you can access the water elsewhere on one of these lakes then day use fishing would still be ok. This might be the year when belly boating is cool again…

• Chris Depper says:

So I understand that rec sites are closed to camping, does this mean to they are going to be blocking access to boat launches? I can’t see the government spending the money to block access to every lake in the province, I also don’t understand especially since doctors are now saying it’s good to get outside and get fresh air into your lungs. I dunno maybe I’m too old to understand.

• shed-hunter1 says:

They wont block access but they will be out patrolling

• shed-hunter1 says:

If it has a out house are picnic table something that is shared you cant be in the boat launch from what I understand

• Adam B Adam B says:

Correct. Use your smarts and identify what the Rec Site consists of and don’t be within that area. That includes the launch and parking area. If it doesn’t look like nature put it there then it’s part of the Rec Site.

Dirt roads that end at lakes are just fine if they were carved out by the Forest Service. These do not have “facilities” but may include crappy tables that were built by users.

• Chaluga says:

I think public sites of more then 10 spots should.have been the cutoff. Why can I shop in Cabela’s but not go to a lake same distance from me with 3 camping spots. It was too far reaching to me

• shed-hunter1 says:

All there trying to do is keep people from lower mainland down there and people in the interior in the interior

• Mic Mic says:

Don’t think to much and stay away from closed areas.

12. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Edith yesterday (16th) … thanks Darryl! πŸ™‚

• shed-hunter1 says:

not trying to rock the boat but isnt edith closed ?

• BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

The rec site is closed for sure. Is the lake in a park? If not and you can access away from the rec site I think you can fish it. Regardless we’re posting ice off not just for this fishing season but to add to our historical ice off records so even if you see it here please check before heading out πŸ˜‰

13. fog says:

How’s stump looking? Looks like Roche resort is down till June minimum!

Page 2 of 5«12345»