.. get the latest fishing intel on our 2018 Ice Off & Fishing Reports page!

.. MOBY Nets, tying vises, hats, decals, flies & more ... visit the store!

.. looking for a solid fly fishing punt? Check out our Journey Boats page!

flyguys.net Ice Off 2018 Fishing Reports

2018 Fishing Reports post Sponsored by …….

… the one stop shop for all your fishing & outdoor needs!

And with the new year comes the new…….

… Official flyguys.net Northern British Columbia, BC Interior, Kamloops Area Lakes & Rivers Ice Off 2018 Fishing Reports post!

As before, please use the comments/reply section at the bottom of this post to share and discuss your 2018 fishing reports, ice off reports, and even (but hopefully not) winter kill reports. Where did you go (not mandatory)? What worked? What didn’t work? General or specific questions about a fly, a technique, or whatever … feel free to ask it here and we’ll try our best to get you an answer! Oh, and a picture is worth a thousand words so please feel free to include one if you can (just include image link in your comment πŸ˜‰ )!

Stay up to date by utilizing the subscribe options below the comments section to be notified of any followup comments & posts via e-mail … you don’t even have to comment to subscribe & your email will be kept private!

For those that would like to share a little more than just 2018 fishing reports we encourage you to submit your story (along with images/video links/etc) & we’ll write it up in a stand alone post for ya!

And continuing from last years debut …….

Historic (& Live for 2018) BC Interior Ice Off Chart

Keep providing ice off info in the comments below and we will update the 2018 column! Big thanks to Lando, Tom & Darryl! πŸ˜€

That’s it folks … tight lines & good times to all! πŸ˜€

Like our stuff? Subscribe by subscribe via RSS Feed or subscribe via email Email   fly fishing British Columbia

Incoming Search Terms:

• fly guys 2018
  • 2018 ice off kamloops
  • flyguys iceoff
  • fly fuys iceoff
  • Kamloops 2018 ice fishing
  • flyguys 2018 ice off
  • fly guys net 2018 ice off
  • property guys west kelowna
  • fly guys ice off 2018
  • 2018 kamloops ice off
BCFlyguys

About BCFlyguys

... flyguys chief webhead, when not fishing ;)
This entry was posted in Fishing Reports. Bookmark the permalink.

163 Responses to flyguys.net Ice Off 2018 Fishing Reports

1. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Hey folks the new 2018 BC Interior, Kamloops Area Lakes & Rivers Ice Off 2018 Fishing Reports post is here! Please subscribe and let the reporting begin! πŸ˜€

2. Don Don says:

Hi all, happy New Year, hope your all tying . Have a great year.

3. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

I know we’re a ways away but just edited the ice off spread sheet with a 2018 column ready to update as data comes in. If anyone can fill in any blanks for past years pls post here or email bcflyguys@gmail.com and we will update the sheet accordingly.

Happy New Year folks and may 2018 bring you a whole lot of fishing fun! πŸ˜€

4. coastlogger says:

I drove past Courtney lake near Merrit earlier this afternoon the parking lot was full cars lined up the highway looked like people ice fishing all over the lake .I thought that lake was no ice fishing ?? unless there is a recent change anyone know ??

5. fog says:

Man i have the itch! Luckily it’s not from when I was in Thailand haha! Anyways… went to White lake last year beginning of April for a few nights! Enjoyable indeed! Hmmmyesss!!! Looking for another good early starter to accommodate a 12 foot aluminum on a trailer! Was thinking of Burnell(Sawmill)? what do you think lads?

6. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Just updated the Ice Off Spreadsheet with Dragon Lake ice off info back to 2007 … thanks Paul! πŸ™‚

Lots of blanks in the 2017 data. Please take a look and post any ice off dates that you can confirm and I will update to the spreadsheet. πŸ˜‰

7. Matt J says:

Hello. Do the small lakes generally “ice off” earlier than the larger lakes at similar elevations?

Also, are you guys experiencing severely thick ice this winter and/or expecting winter kill or a longer than normal ice season?

Thanks from a coastal trout fisherman. I typically fish the Sunshine Coast but the ferry costs are nuttier than squirrel poop. I can drive to Kamloops and back twice for the price of one ferry trip.

• BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Hey Matt,
      Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me on the subject will chime in but I think, in general, and all other things being equal, that the smaller shallower lakes ice off earlier.

It’s been a long cold winter here as well and I too am thinking about winterkill potential. But if you look at the ice off dates in the chart at the top of the page you will see that we could still hit typical ice off dates. I guess it’s really going to depend on what happens this month … and it seems the weather has been on an upswing in the last few days so fingers crossed! Stay tuned to this post as ice offs and kill info will be posted here. πŸ˜‰

8. BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Posting this here for any non Facebookers ……. πŸ™‚

9. Chris Depper says:

I’m pretty sure I know the response but figured I’d ask, anywhere looking promising yet, showing signs of the ice thinning even?

10. heffleyjack says:

Any Intel on winter kill around Kamloops lakes this year?
    Thanks again for all the great info Flyguys provides.

• BCFlyguys BCFlyguys says:

Nothing yet but you can be sure we’ll post it up as soon as anything comes in. The good news is the sun’s been shining the last couple days and the forecast is looking good! 😎

11. OnlineReg says:

Any chance you can fix the formatting of the ice off spreadsheet to make it more legible/usable? How about making it downloadable? Thanks!

12. cliffy says:

Hi. I’m looking for a new flippers for my pontoon & bellyboat. Everyone says the Force Fins are the best but at $250 a pop(I’m also buying a pair for my son), I’m hoping to spend a bit less. The outcast fins look really well built but you need to wear a full boot. I prefer not to wear a heavy boot. Any suggestions on a more reason priced pair that I don’t have to worry about the straps breaking(seems to be a problem on the cheaper ones). Any help is appreciated. Happy tying. Only 2 month left. Sweet!!!

13. paul says:

Tsotin pond o2 reading 0.5 ppm at all depths visible dead fish on bottom and nasty smell it’s toast. Beaton lake froze to bottom it’s dead as well. However; red lake is fishing well right now

14. Chris Depper says:

Couldn’t get into lundbom with wife’s car today, but temp was+8 at entrance and snows melting fast.

Page 1 of 512345»