Cranberry Poultry Stuffing
OK here’s another great recipe straight out of Susan’s kitchen! A perfect delicious & nutritious accessory dish for Chicken, Turkey or any wild game bird!
Cranberry Poultry Stuffing | Ingredients:
- 2 medium onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 6 stalks celery
- 2 – 3 tsp thyme
- 2 – 3 tsp summer savory
- 2 – 3 tsp sage
- bouillon cube (chicken) – organic, low salt best
- boiling water
- dried coarse bread crumbs (approx. 1 1/2 – 2 medium french loaves)
- turkey (or whatever bird you’re cooking) drippings
- dried cranberries
How to put it all together:
- Chop onions, garlic and celery.
- Melt 2 – 3 tbsp butter in saute pan.
- Add onions, garlic, celery, and herbs to melted butter.
- Saute until vegetables are softened.
- Add more butter if needed.
- Add breadcrumbs to mixture.
- Stir until breadcrumbs are coated.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup boiling water.
- Pour over breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir to distribute equally.
- Add cranberries.
- When turkey drippings are ready add some to breadcrumb mixture.
- Put mixture into casserole dish.
- Place some shavings of butter on top of mixture in casserole dish.
- Cover and put into oven until top is well browned.
- Add enough liquids and butter to keep moist but add slowly so stuffing does not become soggy.
That’s it! I hope you enjoy it! 😀
*** got a fish or wild game recipe that you would like to share on flyguys.net? Just email us the details and we’ll post it up for you!
*** for more delicious and organic BC wild fish & game recipes please view the complete list on our recipes index page!