Hello guys and gals,
We (that’s me David and my buddy Chris) had a very steady and fun season fishing small lakes near and far from Kelowna. We truly enjoy the beautiful nature and quietness of those small remote lakes (of course big rainbows are always a plus! 🙂 ).
Our most productive patterns this year where a black size 10 marabou leech, size 12 cromee chironomid with white bead head cooper wrap and peacock herl thorax and a size 10 caddis fly pupa in olive green. We found that these 3 patterns were responsible for about 65% of fish hocked. The other 35% of the damage would go to dragon fly nymphs, damsel fly nymphs and shrimp in different sizes.
Since it is time now to hang up the belly boat up in the garage for the winter, I thought it would be nice to share a few images from my season 2011 with all of you. So I put them all in slide show for you to enjoy!
So there you go that was my season and I’m hoping for repetition next year, until then tight lines to all of you out there!
Thanks ……. David
Incoming Search Terms:
- fly fishing okanagan
- okanagan fishing reports